Wednesday, June 2, 2010

A Year...Really?

I realized today that it has been over a year since I posted on my personal blog. That is crazy! Time seriously flies! I was reading back through some of my old posts and realized how fun this used to be. I used to just write about whatever came to my mind at the time. So, in memory of my old posts...here I go!

I am currently watching Tarzan. I borrowed it from one of the wives that is here in NC with us this summer. I love this movie. It is probably one of my favorite Disney movies! I think the music is incredible and I love the characters. "Put me down, put me down, no, pick me up, pick me up!" It makes me so sad though. 

I need to paint my toe nails. I don't know what it is about my toe nails but I swear, they don't stay painted very long. They get chipped so quick and then they drive me crazy. Even when I do a base coat and clear top coat, they still chip. There is just no comparison to getting a pedicure :) 

I love summer. I can't remember the last time I had this relaxing of a summer. Probably not since before I was 16. Every other summer I have spent working. This summer, though, is purely relaxation and spoiling my guy! Josh is out there doing the hard stuff this summer, so I stay home, clean the house and cook the meals! And while it is boring at times, I love it. A lot. 

I can't wait to be a mom. It's funny...I babysat a friend's little boy the other day and when I got home I was so happy I didn't have my own child. There are some children I enjoy watching and some I just don't. It may sound bad, but I'm just being honest. But then after watching another friend's little girl today I came home wishing I had my own little baby at home :) Soon enough, soon enough. I was the first one to get married, but I think I might be the last to have babies. Haha. Funny how that works...

I love my in-laws. Now that a lot of my friends are married, I have heard it all. From mother-in-laws who flat out tell their daughter in laws that they do not like them to mother-in-laws who, upon finding out that their daughter-in-law is pregnant, asks if she knows how to take birth control properly. Can I just say, I am incredibly blessed. My mother-in-law has never been a stress. She has helped me with so many things. Her and I have had similar life experiences and so her advice was so helpful when Josh and I were first married. Anyhow, my in-laws are great. Josh comes from a pretty great family. And the more horror stories I hear, the better I feel about them :)

I love blogging. It's funny, I don't know how many of my readers actually read my new posts but I always feel like I'm writing to someone. Maybe just myself...who knows. But I still enjoy it! 

Alright, Tarzan is almost over so I'm going to make Josh and I some dinner before he gets home! 

Love to you all!  :)

2 comments:

sue said...

I read your blog and I'm glad you have a wonderful mother in law. We should get pedicures together with Jamie and Taylor when in see you in a couple of weeks. Love you miss you.

Jamie said...

I read it too!